It sounds like something out of a storybook. An ailing grandparent dies and leaves the young hero or heroine with a beautiful home that will solve all their problems. Unfortunately the reality is that a lot of inherited homes are a complications rather than problem-solvers. These are usually properties that need to sell quickly.
So, here’s how to sell a house fast:
1) Clean it. Give the place a good scrubbing top to bottom. Throw out junk. Have an estate sale. Donate reusable items. Open windows and make the whole place sparkle.
2) Talk to a realtor. Find someone who can list the house for you and has experience selling houses that aren’t being lived in.
3) Make a plan for maintenance. On rare occasions a realtor will take care of lawn mowing and watering, dusting and vacuuming, but most often you’ll need to do it. If you don’t have time, hire someone.
4) Consider upgrades. Upgrades are one of the most basic elements for learning how to sell a house fast. If your grandma’s fridge is from the 1960s, it’s probably worth replacing. Same goes for other large appliances. But don’t worry about getting the newest models. Keeping it simple will actually help the process go faster.
5) Get it listed! You want to know how to sell a house fast? Get it on the market ASAP. The longer you have it, the less it will be worth.
Do you have a piece of property (house, lot, or land) you’d like to sell fast? Fill out our Sell Fast Form and get a cash offer within one hour of us viewing the property.